- I am not going to get sick. No sore throat, flu, sniffles.
- Not going to moan about getting older, even on my birthday.
- Or groan about going to work, when fortunate to have a job.
- Complain about cleaning a house that I am lucky enough to co own. (along with the bank)
- Get organized. Realistically my number one resolution for past decades…ain’t gonna happen.
- Make eggnog (have never made eggnog)
- Write another book…The Frenchman would kill me!
- I am definitely not joining a health club to keep fit since studies show health club joiners drop out within three weeks.
According to experts most resolutions fail within the month. They recommend that for the greatest chance of success make only one resolution and stick to it. Which brings me back to my number one goal, stay healthy, cause if you are in good health you can handle all the rest of the crap life throws at you.
During my break, I flew to Chicago and shopped til I dropped my first day back. On day 2, I woke up with a sore throat that morphed into a sinus infection. But I was not going to let illness interfere with my holiday, so we headed north to the cabin in Wisconsin. Ten days later, my brain still felt like marshmallow, my teeth ached, my nose burned, and my lungs constricted. No way could I get back on a plane for a nine-hour flight with my head full of muck, so I went to Urgent Care.
I was not alone.Read more