Bear with me as if I go off topic on my post this week. Four years ago, my Frenchman suggested I start a blog to replace my old newspaper column. Little did he know what he was getting into! I enrolled in Dan Blank’s Blogging 101 and How to Build An Author Platform and became a part of a Virtual writing group. My blogging buddy and cyberspace friend extraordinaire, Kathy Pooler of Memoir Writer’s Journey has nominated me for the Inspirational Blog Award.
Nominees are asked to list seven little-known facts about themselves and then pass this prize on to seven other deserving bloggers.
- I was bit by rabid skunk when I was 18-months-old; I haven’t been quite right since.
- I never carry a purse because it hurts my back.
- I dropped out of creative writing class in college because I thought I couldn’t write.
- I have Ledderhose Disease, (my first German-named ailment), a rare disorder where nodules grow in the arches of the feet.
- I wore high heels only once on my wedding day.
- I became a globetrotter, yet still confuse my right from my left and can’t read a map.
- My little sisters and I used to prance in front of the picture window in pink nighties; we still dance together, only now we call it aerobics.
Here are 7 of my favorite blogs that I recommend.
1. Authentic Woman – with Clara Freeman, who keeps me real, challenging me to follow my passion and listen to the voice of my inner warrior
2. Life in the Expat Lane –with Missy Footloose, the Dutch ex-pat whose humorous perspective on living everywhere but her homeland, keeps me laughing
3. Du Jour – with Delana, a Minnesotan who pitched everything to start over in Provence France, keeps me in tune with my Frenchness
4. Coach Dawn – with Dawn Redd, Beloit College women’s volleyball coach, who gives me great coaching tips that can also be applied to real life
5. Self righteous Housewife –with Judy Zimmerman, the Erma Bombeck of suburbia, who keeps me chuckling over her family’s antics in the Windy City
6. One Big Yodel – with Chantal Panozzo, a young writer, who left her home of deep dish pizza for the land of cheese and chocolate
7. I also love Any Shiny Thing by my Californian friend, Lynne Spreen. Lynne has introduced me to a new blog worth checking out. Vonnie Kennedy’s Bloomer Notes Blog to help me stay healthy in my Middle Ages
Thanks to my global sisterhood of blogging buddies that keep me inspired!
As the guidelines go:
- Link back to X-pat Files From Overseas
- Reveal seven little-known facts about yourself
- Nominate 7 of your favorite bloggers for the “Inspiring Blog Award”, contact the nominees and give them the guidelines.